Saturday, September 1, 2007

slight post-week 1 case of insomnia

I can't sleep despite having fallen asleep on my couch during the Sound of Music earlier tonight. A good way to ring in a new month... or a bad omen. or just a foreshadowing of what I'm in for over the next 15 weeks.

Besides finally creating my blog, I started my paper for 601. (good thing I threw in the Sound of Music or my friday night might look a little sad. we also went grocery shopping). I noticed some of the other blogs featured photos or art or very good narrative (as opposed to what I'm providing here) and not sure where I want to go with this quite yet (but feeling like I need to post SOMETHING), here are a couple of links I'm rather fond of. The ELO is having a conference at the end of May and I would really like to go. Submissions are due in November I think and I have the call if anyone is interested.

http://eliterature.org/ check out the electronic literature collection volume one
http://www.poemsthatgo.com/ and the poemsthatgo archives. maybe you've seen all this before. but there you go.

week one had its moments but overall I'm optimistic. the courses (and readings) are just what I was hoping for, css hasn't killed me yet, I'm spending less and less time lost in richmond, and I am almost unpacked (yippy!). see you all next week (and the week after that... and the week after that, etc., etc.)

(and maybe I should mention my penchant for parentheticals when I am very tired).

No comments: