Tuesday, September 11, 2007

zen and the art of bibliography

(thank you Katie)
A week after feeling overwhelmed, a day at the ocean, and 23 hours and 26 minutes into my first day of 34:
I spent a great deal of time in the library last week. Although I was worried about adding hours or assignments (or anything really) to my schedule, I am trying to turn it around. Besides a few hours I spent by the ocean on Sunday, there is nothing that calms me as much as books. I know, I know... and I am devoted to hypertext and new media as an artform. But I also love books, bookstores, bookshelves, book reviews. So I have decided to view my 8-10 hours a week spent in the library among them and flipping through them my meditation time. No theory, no computer, just me and a few thousand hard bound reference texts. Om.
Image: If Ospreys Could Read by Tim Graveson 2003.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I think I like that book a little better than Zen and the Art of Bibliography. And, to be honest, I didn't even like that book.